Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Winter Weather...and Our New Snowblower...

So the winter has hit us pretty hard over the last few days. We've got a TON of snow on the ground, and it's drifting really bad. It's been so cold that the snow hasn't really melted to itself so that it stays in one place. Instead, it's just blowing all over the place with no rhyme or reason.

So the other day I got out the snow blower to try and clear it off, and the thing wouldn't start. I was tired of messing with it so Cathy and I went out and bought a new one. It's an electric one, called a Toro Powercurve 1800. It plugs into the wall, and as such it doesn't need any gas, no pulls, no oil. It just starts as soon as you pull the handle. I've used it a few times now, and I REALLY like it. It throws snow just as well as our small gas one did when it was working, and it's REALLY light. I can carry it around with just one hand. Of course, the cord gets into the way just a little bit...but it's something that you get used to really quick and can work around with no issues. I'm pretty impressed by it.
Of course, I let my father take the gas one to see if he could get it working. He put new gas in it and cleaned the spark plug up and the dumb thing started right up. Oh well, I like the electric one and we'll use it more often because it's less of a hassle...that, and my dad said he'd buy the gas one for $100 from us...

No comments: