Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Wood Burning Kit.

So the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of this woodburning thing. It was really fun, and it's got my creativity going. I'm thinking of just cool little designs and such that I can do that would look really good as actual things hanging on the wall in the house. We're getting ready to remodel some things in the house...well, I guess remodel isn't so much the word, as is repaint and such. No major changes, just color changes and maybe some new light fixtures and such. I've been thinking of wood burnings that I could put into those rooms that would fit.

I think that on my days off this week I may run into the craft store Michaels and see what they have for this hobby. I would like to find a place that sells pre-cut and edged pieces of wood for me to do it on, that way each one will look finished when I'm done with it without me having to find some way to put custom moldings and such on it.

If I can get a couple of pieces of wood, I will probably make a drawing or two on my days off. This could end up being a pretty good winter hobby for me, as it gives me something to do inside that also seems really fun.

No comments: