Saturday, December 20, 2008

It Snowed...Yay.

So Cathy and I took today off because there was supposed to be quite the snowstorm last night. We stayed up playing video games until pretty late...almost 5:30.

Well, at about 3am, both of us noticed that it hadn't started snowing and were worried that we had wasted the leave time. It was supposed to start snowing at about midnight and go an inch an hour until about 6am. Well, at 4:30 I noticed it had been snowing, and then Cathy mentioned to look outside. You could barely see the road from our house it was snowing so hard. I took the dogs outside to go to the bathroom, and in the span of about that hour it had snowed nearly 3 inches.

We woke up shortly before noon and there was a good 10 inches or so on the ground...drifted up higher in a few places. Luckily we had gone out just the other day and purchased a new snow blower. It came in handy and I had the drive cleared out in about 30 minutes.

This was, obviously, the first big snow fall of the winter, and I can't say that I'm pleased. I'm not exactly a winter person. I can deal with the cold, but I don't particularly like the snow. It just really annoys me. I don't have any outdoor hobbies in the winter. I've thought about getting some snowshoes in the past, but the snow fall doesn't seem to be even remotely consistent enough to actually spend the money on it, so I've never really gotten around to doing it.

Oh well, I guess it's just time to accept that it's winter...

No comments: