Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Papa John's...

So tonight my parents came to visit Cathy and I at the house in Jackson. We ordered pizza from our usual spot, Papa John's.

Now, we've never had any REAL problems ordering from there before. One time our pizza took about an hour to get to us, and a few days later in the mail we got a coupon for a free pizza. So tonight we ordered with the online ordering system at 6:49 PM. It said we should have the pizzas in 30-40 minutes.

Well, at about 7:50 PM we still hadn't received the pizzas, so I decided to give them a call. When I called they asked me for the address and I told them, then they said that our pizzas had just come out of the oven. The guy on the phone said that the online system is always wrong, and he's been telling people on the phone to expect their pizzas within 45-60 minutes. I explained to him that even if we had called the order in, it had STILL been 60 minutes already. He apologized. I asked how much longer and he said that the driver was leaving right then so it would be about 20 minutes.

Well, at 8:30 PM we still hadn't gotten the pizzas. So that's 40 more minutes. We have now waited 1 hour and 40 minutes for these pizzas. Just then the phone rang and it was the delivery girl. She was asking me if we lived in a certain sub-division which we do NOT live in. I told her I had no idea where she was, and asked how long the pizzas would take?? She said she would get them to us as soon as she could find the house, and that she had already been told by 3 people that we did in fact live in this subdivision...which we actually do not. This girl had apparently been driving around in 20 degree weather with our pizzas for about 40 minutes. So the pizzas were probably cold by then. I had had it at that point in time, and just told her to take the pizzas back to the store and we would get food elsewhere. I then called the store to make sure I wouldn't be charged for the pizzas. The manager apologized and gave me some excuses, but I really didn't care. I was just hungry.

We decided to go to Pizza Hut and ended up getting a TON of food. When we got home, there was a message on our machine from Papa John's. The manager wanted to let us know that he had canceled the order out so I wouldn't get charged, and he had also put a credit on our account for two free pizzas. So the next time we order, just call and we'll get those for free...

...now, hopefully the free ones don't take nearly two hours to get to us.

No comments: