Monday, May 2, 2011

A Box of Parts...

I went to the bike shop today, and got a BMX freewheel.

When I got home, I started working on the Bianchi.

When I was done, I had a box of leftover parts. In that box?? Front derailleur, rear derailleur, shifters, cables, rear gear sets, and some various other little parts.

So, now that those parts were in the box, what did that leave me??

A single speed Bianchi roadbike that is significantly lighter, simpler, and in my opinion more elegant than it was before.

I have some more work to do to it over the next couple of days...and it was too dark to get good pictures of it...but as soon as I can get some pictures I'll get them up.

I decided that since I wanted a single speed bike, the easiest way to get one was to convert the Bianchi into on. Why spend $250 on a new singlespeed bike when I could spend $20 and make the Bianchi into one?? I can then spend the rest of that money getting another road bike that is a bit more modern than the Bianchi...maybe with some more (and nicer) gears and components.

No comments: