Thursday, May 19, 2011

Five-O Season Finale...


I watched the season finale of "Hawaii Five-O" this week and I have to say that I was pretty impressed.

If you watch the show and haven't yet watched it, skip the rest of this post because there will be some spoilers.

I had read that the end of the season was going to leave the team fractured, but I had no idea that it would leave the team in the state that it did.

Steve is being held for the murder of the Governor. Kono is being held for stealing the money from the asset forfeiture locker. Chin has rejoined HPD as a lieutenant. Danny?? We've finally found out that he had gotten back together with his ex-wife and had agreed to go back to New Jersey with her and his daughter...but then when Steve got arrested Danny started working on setting everything right.

See, we know that Steve didn't kill the governor, but he's being set up for it. We also know that Kono was involved in stealing the money, but that's been an up and down story all season. They stole it to pay a ransom to save Chin's life, then when they thought they were going to get taken down for it things changed and somehow the money was no longer missing. Now that things are falling apart, the money is back to being gone again.

All in all, the team is literally in shambles. It was a great cliffhanger and a perfect way to end the first season of the show...

...which brings me to other news about the show. It was renewed for a second season this past week. So we'll get to see what happens to the team as they try to get out of this jam.

I really enjoy this show. Like I used to do with "LOST," I will be counting down the days until it comes back this fall. The characters and actors are perfect...and the only thing better than them is the setting. I really enjoy the way that Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan work together on the screen. Daniel Dae Kim was always a favorite of mine on "LOST," and he doesn't fail to impress on this. Over the last several weeks I have really started to like his character. Grace Park also has grown on me quite a bit as the season has progressed. At first I wasn't sure about her, but she's gotten progressively better at the role as the season has gone on.

Hopefully this one will come back in the fall...I don't want to wait till next spring for it!!

No comments: