Thursday, May 5, 2011

Picture of the Bianchi...



Here's a quick picture of the Bianchi after converting it from a dropbar road bike to a single speed.

Today I got some riser bars to replace the drops, some Tektro brake levers to replace the aero levers, removed the rear brake caliper/lever/cables, and replaced the double chainring bolts with some single ones.

Again, I really removed a significant portion of weight. The bike is like a feather now.

I then took it for a quick spin...and wow...what a workout. The fact that you can't switch gears really forces you to work to get places...especially going uphill.

I have some SPD pedals for it, but I didn't get them on when I was working on it. I'll put them on sometime later this week, though.

I'm still not sure if I want to add a new rear wheel with a flip-flop hub to it so that it can be used as a fixie or a single speed. I don't know if I want to put that much money into it.

Later this summer I'll be stripping it down to the frame and painting it. Not exactly sure what color yet...I'm thinking about maybe going really basic...like just white or something, but I'll probably just go to the store and pick out a color that I like.

I like the way it's turned out so far. Fun to ride!!!

No comments: