Friday, October 17, 2008

Cathy.

So this is Cathy and I at Niagara Falls in September of 2007.

Cathy is pretty awesome. I met her at work back in the early part of 2007 and I decided to ask her out on a date. Surprisingly she said yes. I didn't think she would, I almost partly asked just as a humorous statement...but she said yes and we went out to dinner a few days later.

Since that day, we haven't spent a single night apart. We clicked on all kinds of levels...lots of things in common, similar interests, similar tastes, the works.

She's got a personality that complements mine pretty well. Where I'm outspoken and loud, she's quiet and thoughtful. Where I'm rude and obnoxious, she's polite and kind.

We built our relationship quickly and with no real hitches. I can honestly say that I don't think we've ever stayed mad at each other for more than a few hours...usually even less than that.

Last year we decided to get married, and we've (mostly she's) been planning the wedding for a while now. We'll be getting married in Jackson on Halloween this year...so in exactly 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to it, I think it's going to be fun. Cathy, on the other hand, has been getting stressed out over some of the last minute details. She's been spending a lot of time feeling down and been doing a fair amount of crying the last few days...but I think it's a bit silly because she's done an excellent job of getting this wedding put together basically by herself, with a small amount of help from me and my parents. She's put together a good bit on her own, and she's done excellently at that. I don't think she should be so worried about the small details, but she is and that's how she is and that's okay.

I'm looking forward to seeing her in her "$3500" wedding gown. I say "$3500" because that's how much she kept telling me that it cost...but I found out that it didn't cost that much when I accidentally stumbled upon the receipt for the dress. I think she's going to look really gorgeous in the wedding gown.

I'm excited to be getting married to her. I've been staying here in Jackson in the house that she grew up in for almost a year now, and it really doesn't seem like that long. It'll be awesome to make it "our" house and start working on some things over the winter and into the spring next year to really make it "ours."

In closing, I have one last thing to say about Cathy...she has a spectacular ass...I like to smack it!!!

No comments: