Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dead Space

Wow.

I've had "Dead Space" on my radar since I first read about it in Game Informer sometime last year. I thought the premise sounded pretty interesting, and I've been following the game with anticipation ever since.

Well, if you've been following my blog at all, you'd know that my Xbox broke and had to be sent for service a few weeks ago. While it was gone, "Dead Space" was released and I decided to wait to buy it until the Box came back. Well, the Box came back today, and I went right out with Cathy to Best Buy to pick up "Dead Space."

After a quick trip to The Hunt Club for dinner, we got home and I fired up the 360 and popped the game into the tray.

The next three hours were exactly what I was hoping for. The game is great.



Controls? Tight.
Weapons? Wicked.
Atmosphere? Eerie.
Story? Awesome.
Graphics? Phenomenal.
Sound? Unmatched.

The game is simply awesome. It's even lived up to the "scary" billing. While playing, I literally jumped out of my chair once. I had backed myself into a corner waiting for two Necromorphs to come around a pillar so I could have a clean shot at them, and all of the sudden out of nowhere a third one attacked me from behind...I did actually jump up out of my chair it startled me so much.

If you're a fan of action games. Get this.
If you're a fan of sci-fi games. Get this.
If you're a fan of horror games. Get this.
If you're a fan of games. Get this.

You won't be sorry you did.

No comments: