Monday, October 13, 2008

Fantasy Football

So for the last few years I've been getting more and more involved in Fantasy Football leagues. I started with just one team because I didn't really know what I was doing. That year I didn't do so well, but I figured out HOW to play. The next year I got a couple of teams. Since then it's been 3 or 4 every season.

This year I've got four teams going. Two in Yahoo Public leages, one in a Yahoo league with some guys from Sportbikes.net, and one on CBS Sportsline with some of those same guys from Sportbikes.net. I've always really liked the Yahoo leagues, but the CBS one has some interesting features that I like...but I'm not sure if I like the overall layout of the site.

This year I'm doing really well in two leagues...okay in one league...and bad in one league.

In the CBS SBN league I'm officially now 5-0-1...and tied for the best record in the league with the one guy I tied last week. I like that in that league there are divisions, and I'm going to have like a 2 game lead in the division, which means it'll be a tad bit easier trying to make the playoffs. But my team hasn't been producing like I would like it to.

In the Yahoo SBN league I'm running at more than likely 3-3 after tomorrow night's game. I'm up by 12 but the guy I'm playing has Eli Manning and Braylon Edwards, who both play tomorrow night, so I'm figuring I'll end up losing. .500 isn't bad to be at this point in the season, but I'm not scoring a ton of points so it might be tough to get back into the hunt.

In one of my Yahoo Public leagues I'm doing just plain bad. I'll be at 2-4 more than likely after tomorrow, and tied for second to last place. I'm trying in that one though, because I've got a solid team...it just seems like every week I play against someone that has a much better week than I do.

In my last Yahoo Public league, I am officially 6-0 and two whole games in first place. That league is my best league, as not only do I have the best record but I currently have the most points...meaning that my wins have been coming when they should. I think that league is my best chance of having a solid full season.

I've won several championships in Fantasy Leagues...but last year I went without any trophies...so this year I'm eager to get back on track!!!!

No comments: