Monday, October 6, 2008

Motorcycles...

As any of you that know me know, I own a motorcycle. It's a 2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250. I've done a ton of work to it in the 20 months or so that I've owned it, and it's pretty unique. I can honestly say that in all of my internet searching I've never seen another 250 just like it.

With that said, I sometimes think about having a different motorcycle. I don't know if it's just my preferences are changing or what, but I don't really view the motorcycle as a "toy" anymore, so much as I view it as a viable form of transportation.

With that said, the 250 seems a little bit small. I'm thinking that maybe it's time to sell it and move on to something a little bit bigger...and maybe a little bit more cruiserish. I don't know...I've never really been a big fan of cruisers, but the laid back riding style and generally larger engine size might help a little bit for using it as actual transportation. The problem is, the cruisers that I like the most are smaller cruisers!!!

I also wonder sometimes if a better option for me would be a dual sport style bike...something like a dirtbike for the street. Or maybe a motard. I like the idea of the dual sport...riding down the paved road and then seeing a trail that you want to tackle and are ABLE to tackle might be interesting. I also really like the motards...but man are they ever expensive!!!

I'm thinking though that maybe selling the 250 and buying something a few years older but a tad bit bigger might be the best option...whether it be a little bit older cruiser or sportbike wouldn't really matter.

I don't know though...I never do...

No comments: