Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cooper Had a Seizure

Well, one of my blueticks has had a few seizures over the last year and a half or so, and tonight he had another one.

It's really scary when he has them. It seems as if he's completely losing his ability to stay alive. He breathes deeply but won't pant. He gets really warm then really cold. He also almost always has two right in a row, and tonight was no different.

I'm a bit used to seizures and epilepsy because my sister Keri had epilepsy her whole life...but that doesn't make it any less scary when Cooper has one.

The worst problem is, from what I can tell, there aren't really any tests that can be done to determine if he's epileptic or if he's having seizures from something else. A few months back he had bloodwork done and that came back completely normal...so I would believe that none of the other causes of seizures are present because they should have shown up during that test.

So the best I can really do for him is just remain calm when he has them. But that doesn't make it any easier.

No comments: