Saturday, October 4, 2008

No Kayak Trip Today

So I had been planning on getting the TK-1 out and taking it up to Lake Ovid for some paddling at a lake that's not surrounded by houses for a change. I've heard the wildlife at Lake Ovid can be wonderful, with some Bald Eagles taking nest there at times.

Well, a few things led to me not going.

First and foremost was the fact that when I woke up this morning my back was KILLING me. I'm not sure what I did, but I must've slept funny, because my back has hurt all day long. It's still kind of a dull throbbing pain that I'm trying to get rid of with some mild pain killers.

Second was the fact that my paycheck didn't hit my account today, and being low on funds I didn't want to take a trip that would use up most of the rest of my gas in my car.

Third is the fact that it's Saturday and there were some good football games scheduled. If you know me at all, you know I watch football whenever I get the chance.

Lastly, it simply wasn't as warm as I had anticipated it to be. It only made it up to about 57 degrees, and although I had told myself that going kayaking in over 60 degrees would be okay, that 3 degree difference seems to be more like 30 degrees. I really don't know if I'm up to the task of falling into 60 degree water when it's only 57 degrees outside just yet in my kayaking skills.

The good news, however, is that it's supposed to be up in the mid-60s and sunny on my days off next week...so maybe on Tuesday I'll try to make a quick trip somewhere to get the TK-1 into the water again.

No comments: