Friday, March 5, 2010

Ordered...

I ordered the Bamboo Pintail today. I went with the higher quality trucks and the bigger wheels.

Dave is giving me a good deal on those things because I've bought a few boards from him in the last year. I really like his products, and his service is excellent. He quickly responds to e-mails and questions, and just seems like an all around good guy. I don't hesitate to buy anything at all from him.

The board is gorgeous. Bamboo has a look to it that is quite unique, and the board looks absolutely great.

It's going to be a good board for the paddle. It'll be more comfortable than my 40" pintail because of it's size, and it's going to be faster than the Surfboarder because of the larger wheels that I'm getting on it. It will probably be a bit more carvy than the other Pintail, too, because the trucks are known to be a nice and carvy truck.


I'll address a question that was asked in the other post...what's the difference other than size? Is one easier to handle??

The answers to that question are...the size difference allows you to have more spots to move your feet to, so it can provide a bit more comfort. Add to that the fact that a longer board will flex a bit more, and you will be able to have that flex absorb bumps...so that will also add to the comfort factor. Basically, it's more about comfort than anything.

I like the speed of the pintail that I have, but there aren't enough spots to move my feet around to so I don't enjoy paddling with it as much as I would a longer board. I like the size of the Surfboarder because it's got so many places to put your feet, but the smaller wheels and the weight of it make it significantly slower than the pintail. So this larger pintail SHOULD be almost a perfect combination of the two. It will have more spots to put my feet, like the Surfboarder, but it will be quicker, like the pintail.

Basically, I will now have three boards for three different things:
I'll use the 40" pintail for when I want to go out and ride without the paddle.
I'll use the Surfboarder for slow cruising with the paddle.
I'll use the 46" Bamboo Pintail for faster, more aerobic paddling.

Three tools, for three different jobs!! It should be here later this week!!!

No comments: