Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Shutter Island...


Tonight Cathy and I went to see the new Leonardo DiCaprio movie, "Shutter Island."

We both really enjoyed it. It was eerie, dramatic, and well acted. I really enjoyed DiCaprio's performance. I don't know if there are many other actors out there that can get into character as well as he can.

I liked the psychological aspects of the film. You are led to believe that DiCaprio is sane and searching for answers to a case on the island, then you are led to believe that maybe he's the one that's actually crazy. All the while, it keeps flipping back and forth between making him seem like each of these options is the correct one.

The end really caught me off guard. I won't talk at all about it, because I don't want to ruin any of it for anyone that might be reading that does plan on seeing it eventually.

I will just finish up by saying that I really liked it, and thought it was a really good movie.

No comments: