Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sears...


So we've been getting our money's worth at Sears in the last week or so.

We stopped in there on a whim to check out the mowers last week. We ended up buying a mower, obviously.

Then I noticed on their website that they had a deal on glasses. So I ended up getting two pairs of glasses and an eye exam the other day.

When we bought the mower I got a coupon for $10 off an oil change. I needed an oil change, so I figured I might as well use the coupon and got my oil changed at the Sears Auto Center.

When I bought the oil change, they gave me a coupon for $5.00 off any purchase in the store. I used that to get $5 off the mulching attachment for the new mower.

So we've bought quite a few things from them in the last few days...but let me just explain how much money we ended up saving.

The mower was on sale for $300 off and we got 0% financing for 12 months on it. So we saved $300 and change on the financing with that.

The glasses were on sale for "Two for $99." The sale said that it included $90 standard scratch resistant lenses and the frames. Both frames that I got were $99. Both sets of lenses would have been $180 total. That's $378 worth of glasses, and about $50 for the eye exam. So that's $450 worth of stuff including tax. I actually paid a total of less than $150 on all of it, so I saved over $300 on that.

The oil change with the coupon plus the sale ended up saving me a total of about $20. Oh yah, I forgot to mention that the oil change service was on sale, plus they still let me use the coupon.

Then the $5 off coupon for the mulching kit.

All of this together is a total savings of over $625. That's some pretty good savings on some things that we really needed.

Maybe we should start shopping at Sears quite a bit more often!!!

1 comment:

Doug said...

Gee, you are like a marketers dream. But you are correct, there are times when it just makes sense to get stuff like this done.

Glad to hear you got good deals and are happy with your purchases.

It's always a good idea to have the right pair of glasses on when driving... ;-)

GO MICHIGAN! I have them making the final four.