Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Our New Toy..

Cathy and I have been meaning to get this taken care of for a while.

We've had a riding mower sitting in the shed for the last several years that doesn't run. It will turn over and run for a few minutes, but as soon as you put it in gear it dies. I'm sure it's some kind of carb issue, but I don't know where to get parts for it, and to be honest I didin't really want to have to deal with it.

So tonight we were talking about how we REALLY have to get it taken care of this spring. Every time I mow in the summer I ALWAYS come in talking about how we really need to get the riding mower fixed. So while we were talking, we decided that we would just maybe look for a new one. We figured that Cathy has a Sears card, so if we could catch Sears on a zero percent financing issue or something, we would go ahead and get one.

Well, we went into Sears just to get an idea on pricing...and what do you know?? 0% Financing for 12 Months on purchases over $250. So we found a couple that we liked, and then with the help of the sales person decided on one.

It cost about $1350 with all of the tax and delivery fee. They will also be taking our old broken one away for us, so we don't have to worry about getting rid of that ourselves.

This is going to make mowing SO much easier for me now. I'm sure that I'll actually be able to finish mowing the entire lawn in the time that it had been taking me to only do the front. Maybe even less. More than that, it's actually going to make me WANT to mow...probably like every day!!!

This is the one that we got right here...
Some of it's features...
20 hp Briggs and Straton Gold Engine
42" cutting surface
18" turning radius
5 MPH speed
Mow in reverse
Automatic Transmission
Electric Start

No comments: