Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3DS Consoles Are Here...

Today our two 3DS units arrived.

We got them set up and one thing immediately set them apart from the old DS consoles. They connected to our home wireless network. The old DS Lite that Cathy had been using didn't like the newer security on our router, so it wouldn't connect to the network here. That's not an issue with the 3DS, thankfully.

We only played with them for a few minutes, but I think both of us were pretty impressed with them from a "just toying around with it" standpoint. The real test will be in the next few days when all of our games start arriving.

Cathy got one game, "Monkey Ball 3D," but she didn't play it tonight. I'm sure she'll give it a try tomorrow night.

My "Steel Diver" game should arrive tomorrow as well, and I'm excited to give it a try.

Our other two games, "Pilot Wings" and "Street Fighter" won't be here until Wednesday, but that's alright.

The one other thing I wanted to note about the 3DS. It actually seems like a high tech gadget when you're just looking at it now. I always kind of thought that the old DS handhelds...all of them, from the original all the way through the DSi XL...seemed to look more like toys than high tech gadgets. The 3DS looks more like a high tech gadget. I can't really put my finger on what it is that makes it seem that way, but it's definitely noticeable.

No comments: