Saturday, March 5, 2011

Might Try a New Fitness Class Out...


Cathy and I are always looking for something to do to get fit. The difference?? She's MUCH better at sticking to things than I am. I generally do something for a few weeks then get bored with it.

However, I started looking for information about Zumba online after seeing it on TV. On TV, much like many other infomercial type things, I simply couldn't stop watching. It was amazing, and actually looked like it might be fun.

Instead of just ordering the home DVD set from Amazon, I decided to look into actually taking a class to give it a try. Cathy actually seemed interested in that idea, and we found that the local rollerskating rink offers Zumba classes. The best part?? A single class is only $6 per person so you can see if you think it's for you. If you like it, a 10 class set costs $45. That's really not very bad for something that looks like fun, and I think if it were an actual class I'd be MUCH more likely to stick with it.

We're thinking about swinging by on one of our days off and checking it out just to see what it's all about. Hopefully it looks fun, because I would REALLY like to do better losing some weight. With that, the bike riding (road, mountain, cruising, paths, etc) and my land paddling, I would have a ton of options to do to get off my butt and get active.

No comments: