Saturday, March 26, 2011

An Early B-Day Present...

A few years ago...May of 2009 to be exact...an Ultimate Edition DVD set of "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" was released. It came out on Blu-Ray in a six disc collection that was actually stored inside a T-800 Endo Skull.

It was VERY expensive, and as such I didn't end up getting it. However, it has always been on my list of "if I could get it, I would" DVD collections. But time hasn't done it well, as it was rare enough that over the last 22 months it has actually gone UP in price. Upwards of $200 if you can find one now.

The other day when I was showing people at work that I had just gotten the "Bender" set of "Futurama," someone asked me what other stuff I had. I was showing everyone the cool sets I have, and in the process managed to show a few people the "T2" edition that I wanted.

Well, my friend Alex (really probably best friend other than Cathy, he was the best man at our wedding) was in there and was listening in from the other side of the break room. I didn't know it at the time, but as soon as I mentioned it he found it on Amazon and ordered one.

He gave it to me today.

It's an absolutely EPIC DVD collection. The skull itself is absolutely amazing. The discs look great. It also has a version of the film that has never been released before that must be accessed with a special code entered at a certain time in the menus.

It's a pretty awesome gift!!!


The eyes actually light up and it plays sounds from the movie when you press the button on the side of it's base.

It's going to be a great, and probably center, piece to have in my DVD collection.

The only problem?? Now I have to get myself a new DVD shelf JUST to have my special editions on!!

No comments: