Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Paul...


Cathy and I took the day off of work today. My foot has been bothering me. I managed to somehow hurt it when I was putting the ladder away from fixing the siding last week.

So anyways, it was a crappy day so we figured we'd go check out a movie. We went to see "Paul" with Nick Frost, Simon Pegg, and Seth Rogan.

I have to say that I was really impressed with the movie. I've read that people have said it's not quite as funny as Pegg and Frost's other work, but I didn't think that was the case. It didn't garner as many laughs, but I didn't think it was supposed to. I think it was supposed to be more of an adventure movie that had some funny elements.

I also liked all the references to other alien movies that have been made. I won't go into them, but if you see the movie I'm sure you'll notice a bunch of them, too.

I'm glad I went to see it in theaters. It's definitely a movie I'll be picking up on DVD when it comes out.

No comments: