Friday, March 11, 2011

New Schedule at Work...

Starting on April 10th, Cathy and I will officially have new days off at work. We do a shift bid once every six months, and our days off seem to move around a little each time.

We like days in the middle of the week off, so for a long time we had Tuesday and Wednesday off. I liked that because, as odd as it sounds, new DVDs and games come out on Tuesday and it was always nice to be able to pick them up as soon as they came out if we wanted to.

Then those days off weren't available, so we switched to Wednesday and Thursday. It wasn't bad, and we have gotten used to them.

Well, now we're back to Tuesday and Wednesday again. It's cool because when we change we'll have a short work week. We also share days off with a lot of our friends, so that makes the possibilities of actually doing stuff on our days off with friends a much more realistic possibility. I've already got Scott interested in the idea of coming down to our house to hit the mountain bike trails.

We also will be going in an hour earlier and getting out an hour earlier. I don't really know how I feel about that. I won't mind getting home earlier, but I also won't like getting up earlier. Oh well, it is what it is I guess.

No comments: