Monday, March 21, 2011

A Great Android Game...

So I mentioned the other day that I wasn't as impressed with the games for Android, but that they were getting better.

I found one that is superb. It's called "Abduction." There are currently three versions, with the first version, just "Abduction" being free. But there are two other versions that are paid apps, and they are both worth the money.

"Abduction" is a game where you are a cow. Your job is to do what every cow apparently wants to do, and that's get abducted by aliens. To do this, your cow constantly bounces, and you must tilt your device to make sure that he is bouncing off of platforms to constantly get higher and higher, until you get to the UFO.


I have many...MANY...games on my iPod Touch, and the ones that I always find myself going back to are the ones that have a simple yet very addictive play style. Games like "Tiny Wings," "Cut the Rope," and "Ninjump" have been amongst my favorites, and they are also some of the more simple games in the App Store. Now, don't get me wrong, some of the big budget titles, like "Dead Space," "Infinity Blade," and "Madden" are good...but when you start trying to make a portable game too much like a console game, I start to lose interest. I don't want to have to play a complex game with the touchscreen on a device.

It's this reason that makes "Abduction" such a hit for me. It takes a simple concept and pushes it to the point of "I have to play just one more time." It's awesome and fun.

I highly recommend anyone with an Android Powered phone give the free version a download, I think you might like it!!

No comments: