Sunday, April 4, 2010

Coming Up Just Short...

Tonight the Spartans came up just short. Seems to be the running theme with my favorite sports teams over the last year or so.

I felt the game wasn't officiated very well, but the Spartans also didn't play very well. Had they played well, they should have easily overcome any problems with the officiating.

In fact, it was an UGLY game on both sides of the ball for both teams. That was a HORRIBLE game. Neither team played particularly well. I GUESS you could try to credit each team's defense for that, but defenses don't cause horrible shot selections and cause wide open shots to clank off the front of the rim.

Oh well, I'm happy that they got as far as they did. I'm hoping they can keep most of this team together and make another run next season. A trip to the Final Four isn't too bad...there are 343 other DI teams that would have loved to be where the Spartans made it to.

Thanks for another great run, Sparty!!!

No comments: