Thursday, April 15, 2010

Go Fly a Kite...


Today, for the first time in probably about five years, I got out my kites.

I took my biggest one, my Griffin, to the field at the school by my house and got it up right away. It was nice and windy so it was a pretty good workout. I had a lot of fun doing it. For a few minutes while I was flying it, a little boy was running around underneath it chasing it. It was funny to watch him...he was like a cat with one of those laser toys.

Cathy came to watch, but she didn't want to take the reigns of the monster. I can't really blame her...an 8 foot sportkite in 30 MPH gusts of wind can be difficult for me to handle, and I've been flying them for years and years.

I need to do some repairs to the Griffin. It's got some tears on it's wings from...something...I don't really know what. It appears that something leaked on it while it was being stored at my parents house a long time ago. I know it's been like that for a while, I just never got around to fixing it. But maybe it's time to do that.

I'll have to try getting a few of the other ones out over the summer. I forgot how much fun flying them can be!!!

No comments: