Saturday, April 10, 2010

Swimming in New Magic!!!

My huge order of magic arrived today. Which is cool.

The only problem?? It's a TON of new stuff...and Cathy just got me a TON of new stuff for my birthday.

So basically, I have WAY too much magic that I've gotten in the last few days. I'm going to have to really buckle down and get to learning some of this stuff.

The nice thing about the stuff that Cathy got me is that it's all stuff that is easy to perform, which is what I like. The stuff I got for myself, however, is stuff that is probably going to take quite a bit of practice.

A couple of the things I got myself are more for just information and entertainment. The DVD on escapes is going to be awesome to watch, just to see the great escapes and how they were performed, but I don't really know if I'll end up performing any of them myself any time soon. I may work on a couple of the easier things, but I just don't see myself setting up professional escapes that are seen in newspapers and on TV and such.

Don't get me wrong, having too much magic is never a bad thing...it just seems really overwhelming right now!! The really nice part about having too much magic is that I won't have to worry about buying anything new any time soon. I have a few effects that I might purchase soon, because I'm working on putting together an entire routine, but after that I may take a break from buying things and just start practicing things quite a bit.

No comments: