Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Day Off...

Tomorrow I'm taking the day off.

I have some extra leave time to spare, mainly because I earn it faster than Cathy because I've worked at the airport for so much longer than her. For the last three years I've been earning six hours of leave for every four that she earns.

So I have an excess that is quite a bit more than her's. I figured I might as well use a little bit of it so that I don't always have a whole bunch more time than her.

So I decided to take Tuesday off, which will give me a three day weekend. It's supposed to be nice and clear, with a high around 58 or so outside...so I think it will be a perfect opportunity to start putting the weed blocker down on the circle garden in the back yard. After that gets done, the only thing that we'll have left to do is to buy some mulch to cover the garden. Then that will be pretty much done. Sure, I still want to get some nice fence to put up behind the garden to block the giant wasps nest that I'm sure is back there, but that can come whenever.

The weed block is probably going to be the hardest part of the rest of the project. It's a pain to put that stuff down and keep it down, especially when I don't have any mulch right now. But I will find a way to make it stay down, and that will be a good start to the end of that project.

Other than that, I might go out on my longboard and do some paddling. I haven't had much of a chance to do that yet this spring, and it seems like it might be a nice day for it tomorrow. Or maybe a bike ride.

No comments: