Monday, April 12, 2010

Week One Down...

Thirteen more to go.

So, I made it through my first week of Power 90, and I have to say that it was a challenge. I haven't really worked out or even been that active in a LONG time, so to throw all of that to the side and do six straight days of workouts was really tough for me.

I may not have been able to do 100% of the exercises 100% of the time, but I can say that I tried 100% of the exercises 100% of the time, and I do feel like I gave 100% to the program for the first week.

I moved up in weights on the sculpt side by the third day. I think I'll stay there for a while, until I can get max reps done with no problems. Then I'll go up again. On the cardio side, I'm still having trouble with the Yoga, but I replaced that today with some cardio on my heavy bag for the time that they were doing Yoga. I found on a message board that if you can't do one of the things, find something else that you can do that you can put in that spot, and come back and try that one that you can't do at the start of the next week. So I'll give the Yoga a shot again at the start of next week, and if I can't do it I'll go back to the heavy bag. I feel that I got a better workout with the heavy bag, mainly because I was actively moving that entire time...where with the Yoga I'm not doing much for the first 5 minutes of the workout because I can't do the stuff.

The first week is in the books...the seventh day of every week is for rest, so tomorrow night I'll just be relaxing when I get home from work instead of doing a workout.

But you know what?? I look forward to getting back to it on Wednesday.

Week one?? Check.
Weeks two through 13?? Here I come!!!

No comments: