Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 3...and a Few Other Notes...

Today was Day 3 of Power 90. Back to the weights.

I was right in the swing of things, doing well, sweating up a storm, and doing more reps and harder work than I had the first time...when...what do you know, the Xbox we'd been using in the basement stopped working. It ended up getting the same "Disc Read" error that it had when my friend fixed it.

I ended up finishing off the workout as best I could by memory. I did everything right, except for one of the exercises, which I made up for by doing one exercise twice. I felt pretty good after the workout tonight. Maybe doing them later in the day is better for me?? I definitely have more energy later in the day.

So after I finished, Cathy and I ran up to Target and purchased a brand new, Jasper chipset, three year warranty, shiny Xbox 360 Arcade System. We didn't need anything other than the Arcade unit, because we already have all of the stuff that comes with the more expensive systems. Hooked that up and everything is good to go.

Now...those few other notes.

First, I have been wearing necklaces pretty regularly for the last year or so. I wear ones that are "surfy" if that's a word. Basically, they are pretty basic and usually look pretty natural. No shiny metal or gold, just natural looking metal and bone and such. So today I tried my hand at making my own necklace. It actually came out pretty good!!! Which brings me to note #2...

...my mom has purchased some space in what is basically a consignment shop to sell some items she's been sewing!! They are like purses and lunch pails, and I have to say they are pretty nice (and not just because she's my mom and she reads my blog...). I think it's really cool that she's doing this. I think it will be a fun experience for her, and heck, you never know...she might even make some money!!! I asked her if she thought that maybe the necklaces could sell...she said she wasn't sure, but she would ask about it. So I hope she gets a chance to ask, because if I could make a few extra bucks by putting some necklaces together and selling them, that would be cool. I have fun making them, so if I could make money for it I would be pretty happy.

As for note #3...my glasses finally showed up!! When I got up we went and picked them up. I'm pretty happy with the way they look. I really like them, and it's nice to be able to see sharply again!!!

And my final note...

Today is my 31st birthday. Yup. The world has been blessed with my presence for 31 years now. I can't even begin to imagine what it was like before then?? My parents, grandparents on my mom's side, and grandfather on my dad's side all came down and we all went to Applebee's for dinner. It was fun. After that, we went home and I got some gifts.

I got some pretty cool stuff. My parents got me a REALLY nice pedometer. My mom knows I've been trying to get more healthy, and it's great because I HAD been looking to get a new pedometer...so that's a PERFECT gift for me!! They also gave me some cash, which obviously is always useful!!

My grandparents on my mom's side got me a Final Four t-shirt, and some cash. Again, two nice gifts that I will get use out of. I've been thinking about slimming down my collection of t-shirts and replacing some old ones with new ones, so this might be a good time to get that started.

My grandfather got me a Red Wings hat, which, oddly enough I actually don't have one of. I have probably 50 hats in my closet, and not one of them is a Wings hat. I DO have one Wings hat, but it's not red, it's the special St. Patrick's Day Green Wings hat. He also got me some gloves for working in the yard, which is, yet again a GREAT gift. In the process of throwing things away from the garage, I just chucked about 10 pairs of yard gloves. Why?? They were all brittle and nasty. I had been planning on getting some new ones as soon as I needed them. Now I don't have to buy any!!!

Finally, Cathy gave me a TON of stuff. She went overboard, because she forgot that the gifts I got her for her birthday last year INCLUDED her anniversary gift. She got me over $100 worth of magic from Penguin. Some really great effects, including one that I've wanted for a LONG time and one that I just recently found that turned out to be AMAZING. She also got me a book on Mojitos, which seems like it's got some really good recipes in it. I have found a recipe that works for Mojitos for me, but I'll give some of these a try. At the very least, they have some good ideas for things to add to the Mojito which will make them unique. She also got me two Quiksilver hats and a REALLY nice Quiksilver shirt. I now have quite the collection of Quiksilver gear...this is probably the most pieces of name brand clothing I've ever had in my life.

All in all it was a great birthday. I had a lot of fun!!

1 comment:

Doug said...

Happy Birthday.
Actually by now it is proabably belated birthday, but congratulations.