Today I noticed that there were some flowery weed type things growing in the front yard.
I didn't like them, so I decided that I would get out the mower and hack them down. It rained last night, so I wasn't planning on mowing today, but the weeds were just really an eye sore so I figured what the heck.
I got it out of the shed, it started instantly, and I went to work.
Well, after I hacked the weeds down, I decided to go ahead and keep going. I had the front done in about 10 minutes...other than the ditch. The ditch provided some obstacles to overcome. First, the mower isn't SUPPOSED to mow on an angle of more than 15 degrees. The ditch has ONE strip on each side that would be more than that, so I figured I might as well try it. It worked just fine...I didn't feel like it was about to tip over or anything. I tried several different methods of mowing the area there, and came up with one that seemed to work pretty well. I will probably have to experiment a bit to find something that works the best.
I then went ahead and did the back...and had that done in about 15 minutes. All in all, the entire yard took less than 45 minutes to mow...when it used to take me at least an hour just to do the front OR the back. I wasn't even going very fast, and I was going over spots I had already mowed pretty regularly. I'm sure as soon as I get my pattern down I'll probably be able to get the whole yard done in about half an hour.
There will probably still be a few spots that require me to get out the push mower...little areas that are just too difficult to get into with the tractor. But they won't be too bad, and they are so small I can probably get them done in just a few minutes on top of the rest of the yard.
I'm really happy that we got the thing. It worked excellently and is a breeze to use!!