Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day Off...Not Quite as Planned...

Well, it was quite a bit more chilly today than it was supposed to be, so I didn't get a chance to get out and work in the garden. I went to get the stakes that I was going to use to hold the weed block down out of the shed, and I realized that I must have thrown them away when I was cleaning everything up, so I wouldn't have been able to get the stuff down very well anyways.

I did, however, get to the landscaping place to find out some prices. Mulch costs $29 per cubic yard. Delivery is $30. The girl said that for my project, I wouldn't want to go much deeper than 2 or so inches, because the mulch on the bottom can start to rot. So, with that in mind, it looks like we'll probably end up needing about two cubic yards. That means that our cost for the mulch will be $58, and the delivery will take the total up to $88. I also need two more things of the weed block fabric, which will be about $12. So, for a total of $100, we should be able to get the circle garden done the way that we want it to be done.

So that was a good thing.

Now, the bad thing...and I'm going to be honest, this just about ruined my day. While I was wandering around the mall looking for a charger for the Wii remotes, I almost got ran into by a little kid that wasn't paying attention. When I kind of jumped to the side so as not to knock him over, I slammed my Russian Diver watch into the wall...and of course, the wall is made out of some kind of rough concrete. So it scratched the top of my watch all up. Cathy says it doesn't look too bad, but now when I look at my watch all that I see is the scratches on the bezel.

I guess maybe I'll start looking around on Amazon for another one. I had wanted to get another one anyways, but I wanted the other one so that I could have two really nice watches...not to replace one that has been damaged. I have an extra couple hundred bucks in my checking account that is "free" money, so maybe I'll use a little bit of that to get one on the way in just a few days here. I guess I just have to decide which one I want.

No comments: