Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cirque du Soleil...Alegria...

Tonight Cathy and I went to Breslin Center in East Lansing to watch the traveling Cirque du Soleil show, Alegria.

We had seats right in the very front row. Awesome seats, really.

It was pretty good. Lots of the performances were things that I haven't seen before. It was quite a bit different than the Cirque show that we saw in Las Vegas, Mystere.

The best part?? I got picked by two clowns to be the audience member that participated in one of the routines. They were mocking one of the performances where two performers held what is effectively a flexible balance beam and fling another performer into the air. They had me stand on their "beam" which of course couldn't lift me, then hilarity ensued.

I ended up jumping rope over the beam instead of being thrown in the air. It was a lot of fun. I think that I did pretty well. Cathy said everyone was cracking up. I tried to ad-lib as best as I could...like when they couldn't fling me in the air I apologized to them and patted my belly...the one clown said "Ahhh...super sized!!!" after I did that.

All in all, it was an excellent show. I had a lot of fun being up on stage, too!!!

No comments: