Thursday, April 1, 2010

Eleven Pounds...

That's how much weight I've lost in the last month.

I don't really seem to see a huge difference, but I do feel different. My pants seem to be a bit looser. I've had to take my belt in another notch. My shirt that I wear at work seems to be feeling a bit big.

I didn't think that I'd be able to drop that much weight, but when I started I was 241.8 pounds. When I weighed myself at the end of the month I was 230.2.

Of course, that fluctuates what seems like a pound or two at a time, but even if it was two pounds short, I still managed to cut over 9 pounds!!!

I'm proud of myself...but hopefully this is just a start. I will be ordering the Power 90 program and using it with Cathy's new adjustable weights, and I will probably also order a Bodylastics resistance bands set.

I've been eating better and, in my opinion even more importantly, eating less. Smaller portions have really helped me a lot. I feel better after eating and I'm sure the lower calorie count is obviously helping me to lose the weight that I've lost.

I can't wait to get into some physical activity, like the Power 90 or the Land Paddling, and see how much more that helps. Hopefully I'll be able to make another post like this in about 30 days, reporting even more good news!!!!

1 comment:

Doug said...

11 pounds... Isn't that a name of a movie...Oh wait, that was 7 pounds...what the difference in a few poinds anyway... oh, never mind...

Congratulations! When I started my diet a few years ago I was amazed at the difference it made and how quickly I changed.

And you are correct, moderation is the key.

Keep up the good work.