Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Great Deal...

Tonight I pulled off an EXCELLENT deal through Penguin for some new effects.

They have a "Five for $99" deal going on right now. There were about 30 effects that qualified to be part of the package.

I ended up getting five effects to try and maximize the discount.

1. Balloon School. This is the DVD I posted about the other day. It costs $50 by itself.
2. Seance Starring Dixie Dooley. This is a DVD that focuses on haunted magic and comedy seance. It cost $30 by itself.
3. Contact Starring Tyas Frantz. This is a DVD about contact juggling. It's an awesome art. It cost $30 by itself.
4. Street Cups Starring Gazzo. This is a DVD with some great cups and balls routines. It costs $50 by itself.
5. Escapology Starring Dixie Dooley. This is a DVD set that teaches you how to escape. It costs $100!!!

So that means that I got $260 worth of products for $99.

But wait, there's more.

To go with the cups and balls DVD I had to get, well, some cups and balls, right?? I ordered an inexpensive set of them for $13.

This put my total order to $112 dollars, which qualified me for two bonuses from the Penguin March Madness Bonus Program. I ended up getting Svengalli Starring Oz Pearlman, a $20 value, and Coin Under Watch on DVD, another $20 value.

That puts me at a grand total of $313 worth of products for a total of $112. Then I used my discount code to get 10% off of the order. That took the total down to less than $101.

So, I ended up saving $212 on the whole package. That's a pretty amazing deal!!!

I'm kind of viewing this as my birthday present to myself...and I think I did a pretty great job!!!

No comments: