Saturday, April 3, 2010

Expanding My Magic Hobby...

I found something on Penguin tonight that I am really interested in. I've got a ton of magic tricks and I'm getting a few more for my birthday. I also have a ton of them on my Penguin Wish List.

But I stumbled across this and thought it would be great.


It's an entire course in making balloon objects. Animals, plants, and all kinds of other random things.

It starts from the beginning as if you have no experience at all, which I don't. It progresses from teaching you the absolute basics. to teaching you more advanced items, to then teaching you how to combine different techniques to make one giant object.

After you have all of that mastered, the course then has some great information about actually using your new found skill to make some money. One of the featured reviews on Penguin is by a 17 year old kid that made over $18,000 in three months after he had done this course. Now, of course, I wouldn't be using it for something like that...I would be using it to learn something new and fun to do. However, if I could find some way to eventually make $6,000 a month using it...then you bet I'd be all over it!!!

I figure that adding something like this to my magic hobby gives me another aspect of entertaining that I can learn and practice. I would like to eventually start trying to make some money in this industry, even if just from tips at a place that allows me to perform.

I've also been working on my juggling. I used to be able to juggle a little bit and enjoyed it immensely. But I stopped doing it years ago and of course I have lost any ability to do it. Cathy bought me some Cirque du Soleil juggling balls when we were at the show the other night, and I've been practicing with them. I am getting better, and hopefully will be able to have it all come back to me some time soon.

But anyways...the balloon animals thing is really interesting to me. I think it would be great fun to learn how to do them!!!

No comments: