Sunday, April 18, 2010

An Odd Thing...

After tonight's game between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Nashville Predators, EVERY single series in the first round of the NHL playoffs was tied at one game each after the first two games.

Think about how crazy that is. I don't think I've ever seen a first round, in any sport that has a series for a playoff, that had EVERY matchup tied after the first two games.

That's simply amazing to me. The NFL prides itself on being so full of parity and having the teams be able to beat each other on any given Sunday...but you don't get much more parity than having all 16 teams in the NHL playoffs win one game out of the first two that they played.

If anyone is reading this that knows of another time this has happened in any major sport, baseball, basketball, or hockey, please let me know...because I have been looking around and I can't find an instance of it at all.

No comments: