Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Puppet...

As I've been working on a full magic routine, one of the main portions of it is that I have a helper. The helper is a puppet, and right now I'm planning on recording his lines and putting them onto my iPod which will alleviate the need for any ventriloquism. I read that this is a good substitute on a site that is dedicated to puppetry and shows with puppets, so I figure if it's good enough for a company selling several hundred dollar puppets, then it's good enough for me.

I had originally found a puppet on Ebay that I liked quite a bit, but then I found one by a company called Axtell. Axtell is pretty much the best puppet manufacturer in the world. Their stuff is amazing. Unfortunately, the prices are a bit high as well. Probably not too high, but a bit more than I wanted to pay for something that I wasn't even sure I was going to be able to do. So I figured that I will wait on an Axtell puppet until the time is right...if it's ever right.

So I ended up going with the one that I found on Ebay. He is hand made by a lady that runs a puppet shop store on Ebay. He ended up costing me about $50 including the shipping, and should be shipped out the first week of May. Each puppet isn't even made until it is purchased, so I know for sure that the one I'm getting is brand new and never used.

So, without further delay...meet, Sparks!!!! (That's his name)

No comments: