Thursday, April 1, 2010

Power 90...

It's time for me to finally start doing something about getting into a bit better shape.

I had been thinking about spending the money on the P90X system that you see on informercials late at night. It's supposed to be an absolutely amazing system, and I have a few people that I know of that I trust that have done it and ended up with great results.

After some research online, however, I found that it's not really a recommended workout routine for someone that is out of shape or has never really done a workout routine. However, I also found that it has a little brother type program, just called P90. No "X."



P90 is designed for beginners and is a slightly less intense workout routine. It still takes 90 days to complete, but instead of working with weights as often, it focuses more on burning fat and just getting into better general shape instead of bulking up muscle and toning muscle.

P90 is also quite a bit less expensive than P90X, which is always a good thing. The money I save on the P90 versus the P90X could be used to get a few more things to work on my fitness with...like one of those Iron Gym pull up bars and some nice resistance bands. Both of those items are required for the P90X routines, and I figure if all goes well with the P90, I may as well go ahead and invest in P90X shortly after finishing up P90.

This plan gives me a good solid six month program. After I get done with P90X, there is a P90X Plus which is even more intense than P90X. I'm sure that they will come out with a P90X2 or something along the line as well, which would give me something else to continue working on.

The best part about P90 to me is the fact that it has shorter workouts. That will hopefully fit into my schedule better, and it will also allow me to maybe do some other types of workouts to keep from the P90 getting repetitive. For instance, I could supplement the P90 with some boxing with my heavy and speed bags or I could use the exercise bike for 30 minutes before or after doing the P90.

All of this will be supplemented, of course, by my Land Paddling. I didn't get a chance to do that this weekend because I was relatively busy, but next week I have promised myself that I will get my first serious paddle of the year in.

No comments: