Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bicycle...

So I have decided that I'm going to start riding the bicycle a bit more this year. I want to try and get in a little bit better shape and maybe lose some weight, but I don't really want to diet, so I figure maybe if I get a bit more active I'll be able to accomplish a bit of mild weight loss and get in better shape without having to significantly change what I eat.

So anyways, I've had my Giant brand Suede bicycle for just about a year now, and I finally got around to putting a few things on it. It's had a Blackburn light system on it since I got it, but I added a nice mesh basket to the front and a rack to the back. Both of these things will come in handy if I decide to take the bike up to the store to grab something or if I need to carry some extra things with me. They also fit the style of the bicycle pretty well. I don't know why, but ever since I got the bike I really wanted to add a basket to the front of it...

I also added some Tireflys to the wheels. These are lights that light up when the bike starts rolling...but they aren't just the standard ones, they look like spiders. So basically, the "spider" grips onto the spokes of the bike and when it spins it glows. It looks like the spider is on a web. I actually think they look pretty cool.I also plan on ordering up a cycling computer pretty soon. The one I want costs $14 from Amazon but gets really amazing reviews, so I figure it's a great buy. I will also be finding a bell to put on it...because bells are cool!!

1 comment:

Doug said...

Don't forget the handy dandy key chain! ;-)