Sunday, April 19, 2009

Grandma is in Rough Shape...

So my mom came up to work today and found me.

She told me that my grandmother is dying. This wasn't exactly very specific, because I knew that both of my grandmothers weren't doing 100% in the health department right now, so I asked and found out it was my dad's mom.

So I left work with Cathy to head to the nursing home where she's been living for a while. They apparently say she's not doing very well right now, that she's had pneumonia for a while and they aren't giving a very good outlook.

They give a slight chance that she can pull through, and she's been tough the last few years, so I'm holding onto some hope that she'll pull through.

I've been pretty fortunate in my life. I've reached the age of 30 without losing a single close relative. I still have my parents, both sets of grandparents, all aunts and uncles, and all cousins still with me.

I don't think many people can say they've been so lucky.

If you read this, keep her in your prayers.

Thanks.

No comments: