Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Used the Fire Place Tonight...

So, for the first time since I moved to Jackson, Cathy and I fired up the fire place tonight.

We just used some of those pre-made burning logs. I think that they are made with some kind of mild accelerant because they start to burn quickly and stay lit until they are pretty much gone. We got two of them for $3 each at a local department store.

When I got the fire place open, which keep in mind I haven't done since I moved to this house. As soon as I opened the fire place I realized that the chimney had been open...all along. So I'm sure that was possibly contributing to our insanely high energy costs this past winter. But we got the logs in and all set up and lit them.

The fire burned for about three hours or so and for the first two hours did a really good job of keeping the living room warm. While we had the fire we watched "Marley and Me."

It was a nice and relaxing night, even if the movie was pretty sad...

No comments: