Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Got the Tank and Body Parts of the GS All Set...


Here's a picture of it, as far as I've gotten it. The engine and such is still really dirty, but I haven't actually worked on that yet. So forgive that. It will be a bit shinier when I get done with it.

Also, the exhaust pipes are in pretty rough condition. I'm in the process of trying to find some replacements right now. Or if I can't find replacements, at least trying to find a viable option for something to make them look better.

The flash on the camera is way too bright for it's own good, and as such actually makes the bed liner look like it's "more" textured than it actually is. I'll try and get some pictures out in the sunlight on my next days off, because these ones don't really do it justice.

Oh yah, you can see the new bars in the pictures, along with the new headlight bucket and cheap universal ears. I may eventually try to do something else with those ears, but for now they work.

The bike actually looks REALLY horrible in these photos. It's literally covered in dust and junk from when the guy delivered it to me in the rain. You can see what I mean by looking at the front fender. The very front of it is a spot that I wiped off, but the rest of it is covered in the same junk that the rest of the bike is.

With all of this said, I'm not really happy with the color of the seat cover that I got. It simply does not work with the rest of the bike. I'll try to see if I can find anyone that would be interested in it, and maybe try to trade them for a black one.

No comments: