Friday, April 3, 2009

GS Engine Cleaning...

So I've got the body work on the GS all done and it looks great, in my opinion.

But the problem with that is the fact that the engine is still insanely dirty. I ran up to the store yesterday and picked up some wire brushes and some engine degreaser. I got home and sprayed the degreaser on the engine, and to my surprise it started coming clean. The way you are supposed to use the degreaser is spray it, use the brush if need be, then rinse off with water. Unfortunately, I didn't have the hose hooked up so I had to just spray the stuff and scrub it with the brush. Fortunately, this worked pretty well. The engine looks amazingly better in the spots that I was able to actually work on. I'm sure that once I'm able to actually get the bike out of the garage and get the hose hooked up I'll be able to make the engine look great!!!

No comments: