Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Secretary of State Just Got a Little Bit Less Crappy...

So, for those of you that don't know, tomorrow is my birthday. I will be turning 30. Yay.

One of the things that this means is that it's time to get license plates renewed. My car and one of my bikes both need to be renewed on my birthday. I'm sure the other bike will be renewed on my birthday, too, but it's not registered yet since it's not road worthy yet.

Well, anyways, I MEANT to send off my renewal thing when I got it in the mail several weeks ago, but of course my procrastination took over and I forgot to do it until it was too late. So I decided I'd just go and visit the SOS today on my day off.

When I got there they weren't too busy...but what was this thing in the corner?? It looked like a gigantic ATM and it said "Renew Your Plates Yourself" on it. I thought I'd give it a try. I grabbed a number though, just in case it didn't work. So I followed the instructions, and what do you know, I had new stickers for both my plates in a total of about 3 minutes. Amazing.

I don't know why they haven't thought of these things before. I think I saw one at another SOS once, but it was out of order and covered up, so I didn't even really look at it.

A machine like this really makes what is normally a dreadful trip into a rather pleasant experience.

No comments: