Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback Editions...

So this post is going to go hand in hand with one I made a while ago about sodas with REAL sugar being so much better than sodas that use high fructose corn syrup.

Pepsi has released two new drinks for a limited time. I hear it's supposed to be about eight weeks. They are Pepsi Throwback and Mountain Dew Throwback. They are packaged in 20 ounce bottles and cans that have retro looking logos on them.

The Pepsi logo looks like an old school Pepsi logo, but with maybe a HINT of modern twists. The Mountain Dew One looks noticeably more old school than the current EXTREME Mountain Dew logos. The hook for these two drinks?? They are made with 100% natural sugar. That's right, no fake sweet syrup in these two drinks.

The Pepsi, to me, tastes NOTICEABLY better than Pepsi made with HFCS. I really, really like the way the drink tastes.

The Mountain Dew, on the other hand, tastes noticeably DIFFERENT than Mountain Dew made with HFCS. I wouldn't say it's better or worse, but it's definitely different. I don't really remember what Mountain Dew tasted like way back in the day, but I'm sure this new drink tastes just like it.

These drinks are being labeled as "Limited Time Only" things, but I have a feeling that if they sell well that Pepsi will make them full time drinks...maybe for like 10 cents more per container or something. I really hope they do, because these two drinks are great!!

No comments: