Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Hits Keep Coming...


So this has been a pretty bad week. I'm actually really surprised that I'm in as good of a mood as I am.

So let's get this all sorted out.

Starting with my first day off last week, Thursday.

Thursday, the carbs on the Suzuki refused to cooperate so I wasn't able to get the bike up and running. In fact, I ended up having to order ANOTHER set of parts and I am going to have to order ANOTHER set in a few weeks. Basically, the GS won't be running for the better part of another month...and that's if my finances cooperate enough for me to order the jet kit.

Friday, a routine bicycle ride turned into me falling through the ceiling of the garage.

Saturday, Cathy ended up getting three stitches for the cut she suffered when I fell through the ceiling of the garage.

Sunday, while at work my mom shows up to tell me that my grandmother isn't doing well. We end up going to the nursing home basically to say goodbye.

Monday, during the evening Cathy turned the heat on. After a while we noticed that it was still cold and went to check the thermostat. It was still at the temperature it was before. So I started checking the furnace. It wasn't working right. Seemed like some motor had gone out on it.

Tuesday (today), call the furnace place and find out they can have a guy come today or not till next week. I figure if we wait till next week we might as well wait till next winter...besides, it's 57 degrees in the house. So I leave work to come home and meet the guy. He gets here and takes a look. Sure enough, the motor thing I had thought was bad was in fact bad. So he tells me he can replace it for...



....get ready...




$650




That's right...$650 to replace this little motor thing that I had already determined was the cause of the problem. I went ahead and paid it...I mean, what else could I really do?? The thing needed to be fixed, and I had no idea how to get the part that was bad. Even if I could find it, I imagine it was probably like a $450 part anyways.

So now I'm sitting here waiting for him to show back up with the part. He also suggested that we think about getting a new furnace because ours is 19 years old. Nevermind the fact that it's been working fine up until this week, it's 19 so it needs to be replaced. I guess maybe that's something we'll think about in the next year or so.

But for now, I sit here wondering what other things can possibly happen today or tomorrow...because this has been one Helluva week, and I'm sure it's not over yet...

No comments: