Thursday, April 9, 2009

GS Updates...

So I have been really liking the brown seat on the black bike recently. It has started to look better as I've been working on cleaning the engine up a little bit. Slowly but surely I think that maybe the brown seat wasn't the worst part about the bike right now.

I'm trying to work out a deal to get a new exhaust for the bike, too. A guy on GSR has one for $50, and he's getting pictures of it for me this weekend. I think if it's in good shape I might buy it from him and have him ship it to me. The exhaust on the bike right now is probably the worst part of the bike.

I also went out tonight and hacked off the rear fender. I HATE the way that fenders look on the back of bikes. I don't really see any point to having them on a bike, either. So I hacked it off and it really cleaned up the way the back of the bike looks.

Unfortunately, the camera that I have takes horrible pictures of the bike when it's not in the sunlight...so right now I don't have any good pictures to post of it.

I plan on getting the engine apart this coming week. Hopefully I'll be able to get the carbs cleaned and those seals replaced so that I can start getting the bike out on the road. I've really been wanting to ride it lately!!!

No comments: