Sunday, April 12, 2009

First Ten Hour Day Down...

So today was the first day of our new ten hour days.

Boy, was it ever a long one.

I don't think it would have been too bad had it not been for a few things:
1. None of the supervisors really had any idea how to handle things like breaks and lunches
2. It was absolutely DEAD at work today
3. The climate in the airport seemed to be wonky...hot, then cold, then hot, then cold

I think it will end up being alright by doing this, but it's definitely going to take a few days to get used to. I hope that as the weather continues getting better, the heat and air in the building will get a bit more stable and we won't have to worry about the temperature getting us sleepy and groggy.

The other things I think will work themselves out as we go along. Hopefully the weekdays won't be as bad as this weekend day was, too. As far as being dead goes, I think it will be a bit busier during the week, so that should help a bit, too.

No comments: