Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cathy Has Stitches...

So after the debacle that was the bicycle ride yesterday, we thought we had the cut on Cathy's hand taken care of.

But in the middle of the night she woke me up (or maybe just said something to me, I can't really remember if I was sleeping or not) to tell me that the liquid bandage stuff we had put on the cut had come off. She said it was bleeding a little bit again.

So at 3:00 in the morning we decided that we would go to the clinic today to have it looked at. We called work and let them know that we wouldn't be in, and then she went and found a clinic that was open on Saturday.

Seeing as we weren't going to work, we slept in a little bit and then went to the clinic in the early afternoon. They got her in pretty quickly and she was in there for what seemed like quite a while.

When she got out her finger was all wrapped in gauze and she had three stitches. This is the first time she's ever had stitches. She says that they hurt a little bit, but I think that's probably normal. I've only had stitches myself once, and it was so long ago that I don't remember much about them.

Either way, we got the cut taken care of. She has to go back in like 10 days to have the stitches removed, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

No comments: