Sunday, February 8, 2009

Achilles...

So I bought a decoration for the new bedroom when I finally get it done. Of course, I continue to procrastinate when it comes to the room, but I guarantee that it will be done by the end of the month!!!

Anyways, the decoration I bought was Achilles and Hector. Those names, of course, come from "The Illiad."

They are Black Moors!!! Or, basically, goldfish that are black with giant eyes. They look like this...but this is not either of them.
I got the two of them and a very small aquarium. The aquarium is black with a nice white LED light setup on it. It's only 1.5 gallons, so it's not very large at all. The aquarium I think will look really good setup in the new bedroom, because it will really match the style of decor that we are going for. The aquarium itself looks like this, only black instead of silver.
Unfortunately, when I got the fish they had ick. Normally ick is an easily treatable disease, but when I got them home I realized that Hector had it pretty bad. Alas, he did not last past the first two days. He was sent to a watery grave with great solemn.

But Achilles lives on...

No comments: